News
POWER UTILITY | Staff Reporter, Singapore
view(s)

Singapore’s 1st LNG plant becomes operational in Q4

Is majority owned by the Philippines’ largest power distributor.

PacificLight Power Pte Ltd. said its 800 megawatt liquefied natural gas power plant on Jurong Island, the first in Singapore to be completely fueled by LNG, will be fully operational by the fourth quarter.

The gas-fired, combined-cycle facility will sell electricity to customers at prices based on crude or high-sulfur fuel oil.

CEO Yu Tat Ming said that with the opening up of Singapore’s electricity market, an increasing number of consumers are expecting better customer service and competitive prices.

Malaysia’s Petronas Power Sdn Bhd. owns 30% of PacificLight Power, while 70% is held by FPM Power Holdings Limited, a joint venture of Hong Kong-based First Pacific Company Ltd. and a unit of Manila Electric Company, the Philippines’ largest power distributor.

Singapore currently uses piped natural gas from Malaysia and Indonesia to generate 80% of its Fuel oil, solid waste and solar energy provide the remaining 20%.

Do you know more about this story? Contact us anonymously through this link.

Click here to learn about advertising, content sponsorship, events & rountables, custom media solutions, whitepaper writing, sales leads or eDM opportunities with us.

To get a media kit and information on advertising or sponsoring click here.