Theme will be "Rethinking Energy; Navigating Change".
Global energy leaders will discuss energy challenges facing the region at the 10th edition of the Singapore International Energy Week (SIEW) to be held from 23-27 October.
The annual event will commence with the Singapore Energy Lecture by Mr Teo Chee Hean, Singapore’s Deputy Prime Minister and Coordinating Minister for National Security, focusing on this
year’s theme – “Rethinking Energy; Navigating Change”. Mr S. Iswaran, Singapore’s Minister for Trade and Industry (Industry) will deliver SIEW’s Opening Remarks.
Participants can look forward to in-depth strategic discussions at the Singapore Energy Summit and the inaugural Singapore-IEA Forum led by the Energy Market Authority (EMA). Topics include
rethinking energy strategies, the outlook for oil & gas, integration of renewables, and energy investment opportunities in Asia.
High-level attendees include:
• H.E. Dr Khammany Inthirath, Minister of Energy and Mines, Lao PDR
• H.E. Datuk Seri Panglima Dr Maximus Johnity Ongkili, Minister of Energy, Green Technology
and Water, Malaysia
• H.E. Bill Johnston, Minister for Mines and Petroleum, Western Australia
• H.E. Tun Lean, Under Secretary of State, Ministry of Mines and Energy, Cambodia
• José María Figueres, Former President, Costa Rica and Co-Chair, Global Ocean Commission
• Christiana Figueres, Former Head, UN Climate Change Convention
• Dr Fatih Birol, Executive Director, International Energy Agency
• Adnan Amin, Director-General, International Renewable Energy Agency
• Liu Zhenya, Chairman, Global Energy Interconnection Development and Cooperation
• Masakazu Toyoda, Chairman & CEO, The Institute of Energy Economics, Japan
• Dr Rashid Al Leem, Chairman, Sharjah Electricity and Water Authority, United Arab Emirates
• Goh Swee Chen, Chairman, Shell Companies in Singapore
• Charif Souki, Chairman, Tellurian Investments
• Yuji Kakimi, President, JERA
• Neil McGregor, Group President and CEO, Sembcorp Industries
• Ulla Sandborgh, Director General and CEO, Swedish National Grid
• Mohammad Mohammad Saleh Abdulwahed, Director-General, Federal Electricity and Water Authority, United Arab Emirates
• John McCarrick, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Energy Transformation, US Department of State
SIEW 2017 will also feature our key partner conferences & exhibitions: Asia Clean Energy Summit (ACES), Asian Downstream Summit (ADS) and Gas Asia Summit (GAS). There will also be
nine think-tank roundtables co-hosted by the EMA and leading international organisations for focused discussions on key energy issues.
In celebration of its 10th edition, SIEW will be launching a commemorative book “Rethinking Energy; Navigating Change: 10 Global Insights” on the first day. Delegates will also be invited to a special networking reception held at ME@OUE on 23 October 2017. Register by 30 September 2017 for early bird discounts of up to S$300. SIEW 2017 will be held from 23 to 27 October 2017 at Sands Expo and Convention Centre, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore. Visit www.siew.sg to register your attendance and for more updates.
Do you know more about this story? Contact us anonymously through this link.