Search

NEWS
PROJECT | Staff Reporter, India
Published: 29 May 13
363 views


Coal India to enter into renewable energy

India largest coal miner to develop a 2MW solar project.

Coal India, Ltd, which supplies 80% of India’s coal, is preparing the 2MW plant at Sambalpur and is considering a rooftop PV installation at its research facility in Ranchi to cut the company’s power expenses.

The Sambalpur plant occupies nine acres of Coal India land and will be a commercial project.

Coal India is also the world’s largest coal miner. It is 90% owned by the government with the remaining 10% in the public’s hands.

Coal India had revenues of US$15 billion in 2012 and a profit of US$2.7 billion.



Sign up for our newsletter

 

Do you know more about this story? Contact us anonymously through this link.

Click here to learn about advertising, content sponsorship, events & rountables, custom media solutions, whitepaper writing, sales leads or eDM opportunities with us.

To get a media kit and information on advertising or sponsoring click here.

Tags: Coal India, Ltd, solar project

LATEST PROJECT JOBS »
  • No jobs posted on this category.
PRINT ISSUE »

Subscribe Now
China’s hunt for more sustainable energy to sustain demand through 2040

131 views

China takes significant steps towards going green by 2015

88 views

Metering India smartly

97 views

MOST READ EXCLUSIVES

The road to Mandalay: APR Energy’s 100MW thermal power plant in Myanmar now operational

The road to Mandalay: APR Energy’s 100MW thermal power plant in Myanmar now operational

It will provide electricity to over 6m people.

by ROXANNE UY
12 Jun 2014 | 1309 views
 

Power investors eyeing Asia must focus on three countries: Expert

Power investors eyeing Asia must focus on three countries: Expert

Find out the most investable markets for renewables in the region.

by STAFF REPORTER
27 Jun 2014 | 927 views
close Don't Show Again

STAY INFORMED! Get our free weekly newsletter