,India

REC lends $2b for 2.4GW Patratu power project

The facility's total project cost is pegged at $2.9b.

Enerdata reported that the Indian company Rural Electrification Corporation (REC) will provide a Rs 14,000 crore (approximately US$2.15bn) loan for the construction of the 2,400 MW Patratu Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Ltd (PVUNL) coal-fired power plant in Jharkhand (India). The total project cost of the facility is currently estimated at Rs 18,668 crore (US$2.9bn).

PVUNL is a a joint venture company of NTPC (74%) and distribution company Jharkhand Bidyut Vitaran Nigam Ltd. (JBVNL, Jharkhand government, 26%). The construction of the Patratu coal-power project, consisting of three 800 MW units, started in April 2016. Power generation will be primarily sold to Jharkhand (85%) with the remaining 15% sold to other Indian states.

The original article was posted by Enerdata.

Join Asian Power community
Since you're here...

...there are many ways you can work with us to advertise your company and connect to your customers. Our team can help you dight and create an advertising campaign, in print and digital, on this website and in print magazine.

We can also organize a real life or digital event for you and find thought leader speakers as well as industry leaders, who could be your potential partners, to join the event. We also run some awards programmes which give you an opportunity to be recognized for your achievements during the year and you can join this as a participant or a sponsor.

Let us help you drive your business forward with a good partnership!

Onshore wind will take up 82% of China’s 408 GW new capacity between 2021-2030.
With producing green hydrogen costs set to drop, APAC is ripe for a hydro revolution.
This is supported by Lao PDR, Thailand, and Malaysia.
The project consists of numerous ground-mounted solar installations currently in development.
ETS covered around 40% of China's 11,535 Mt CO2e emissions in 2019.
In a nutshell, the tips are to minimise total land use, optimise land assessment, and increase land of suitable land.
1.7% is the minimum amount of land needed for solar generation alone.
There is already a notice to proceed with the 50-MW Niigata East Port biomass project.
This plant will be powered using 3-GW solar and 500-MW wind energy.
This is despite the decline of new approvals for coal-fired powerplants in H1 2021.
The country’s share of solar and wind energy will remain consistent.
This will help the region deal with climate change challenges .
The developments of photovoltaic projects will consolidate the German firm's position in the country
They will be studying the feasibility of large-scale projects off the country's coast