, Philippines
249 views
Photo by Helio Dilolwa on Unsplash

Tokyo Gas to acquire 20% stake in First Gen LNG

They are developing the Interim Offshore Terminal Project in the Philippines.

First Gen Corp subsidiary First Gen LNG Holdings signed a shareholders agreement and share subscription agreement with Tokyo Gas, making the Japan-based firm one of its shareholders.

In a statement, First Gen said its subsidiary will hold 80% of the company, whilst Tokyo Gas will hold the remaining 20% once approved.

ALSO READ: First Gen’s Q1 income drops 9% YoY to $81m

These agreements mark the next phase of their development of the Interim OFfshore Terminal Project within First Gen’s Clean Energy Complex in Batangas City.

First LNG is one of the leading gas power firms in the Philippines with operating gas assets of around 2,000 megawatts whilst Tokyo Gas is one of the largest LNG purchasers globally with an annual volume of 13 million tonnes per annum.

 

Follow the link for more news on

Join Asian Power community
Since you're here...

...there are many ways you can work with us to advertise your company and connect to your customers. Our team can help you dight and create an advertising campaign, in print and digital, on this website and in print magazine.

We can also organize a real life or digital event for you and find thought leader speakers as well as industry leaders, who could be your potential partners, to join the event. We also run some awards programmes which give you an opportunity to be recognized for your achievements during the year and you can join this as a participant or a sponsor.

Let us help you drive your business forward with a good partnership!