New names emerged at this year's awards held in Thailand.
The Asian Power Awards, dubbed as the ‘Oscars’ of the power industry, has once again recognized top achievers in the region as they unceasingly strive for quality and excellence in their own categories.
Various delegates from the region’s best power companies attended the awarding ceremony held at the Grand Hyatt Erawan Hotel in Bangkok, Thailand last Oct 4 to witness the prestigious event.
After a month long nomination period from 5th of July until the 27 of August, the judges meticulously screened the entries and decided which company is the best among the best in each category.
The judges were John Goss, Managing Director, Ceejay International Ltd; John Yeap - Partner, Head of Energy - Asia, Pinsent Masons; Narayan Bhat, Head, Power Asia, Lloyd's Register Group; Geoff James - Principal Research Scientist, Energy Technology, CSIRO Australia; Lachminiwas ('LN') Sadani - Managing Director, Chief, Investment Officer - AFD; and Tim Charlton, Editor-in-Chief, Asian Power Magazine.
Asian Power congratulates the companies who made it to this year’s Asian Power Awards. The winning companies are:
Solar Power Project of the Year
• Gold - 9 MW Solar PV Power Project powered by Integrated Coal Mining Limited
• Silver - Natural Energy Development Company Limited (NED) powered by Electricity Generating Public Company Limited (EGCO)
• Bronze - 15 MW Anjar Solar Power Project powered by Welspun Energy
Hydro Power Project of the Year
• Gold - 192 MW Allain Duhangan Hydro Electric Project powered by AD Hydro Power Ltd.
• Silver - Asahan 1 Run of River Hydro Electric Power Plant powered by PT Bajradaya Sentranusa A member of Dharma Hydro Group
• Bronze- Upper Gotvand Hydro Power Project powered by MAPNA GENERATOR(PARS)
Biomass Power Project of the Year
• Gold - BATAAN 2020 INC, 12.5 MW, COGEN powered by Thermax Limited
• Silver - Wayang Windu Geothermal Power Station powered by Victaulic Company
Coal Power Project of the Year
• Gold - Nantong Meiya Cogeneration Company Ltd. powered by Meiya Power Company Limited
• Silver - Hadong Thermal Power Plant powered by Korea Southern Power Co., Ltd. (KOSPO)
• Bronze - 600-MW Masinloc Coal-Fired Power Facility in Zambales powered by AES Philippines
Gas Power Project of the Year
• Gold - Shanghai Shenergy Lingang CCGT Power Generation Co., Ltd. powered by Siemens Energy Sector
• Silver - The Black Point Power Station Gas Supply Project powered by Castle Peak Power Company Limited (CAPCO)
• Bronze - Ghorashal Gas Conversion Project powered by Aggreko Asia
Nuclear Power Project of the Year
• China National Nuclear Power’s Nuclear Group Information Management System powered by China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC)
Fast-Track Power Plant of the Year
• Gold- Nhon Trach 2 CCPP in Vietnam by Lilama Corp. as EPC powered by Siemens Energy Sector
• Silver - HEPCO Project in Tomakomai, Japan powered by Aggreko Asia
Standby Power Plant of the Year
• Wuhan Han-Neng Power Development Co., Ltd. powered by Meiya Power Company Limited
Environmental Upgrade of the Year
• Gold - Energy Efficiency Performance Contracting powered by Cofely South East Asia Pte Ltd
• Silver - Shangdu Power Plant Unit 2 (600MW) SmartProcess Project powered by Emerson Process Management China
• Bronze - Zero Discharge System For Process Water At Titagarh Generating Station powered by CESC Limited
Transmission & Distribution Project of the Year
• Upgrading Power Supply Quality by Enhancing the Power System Network and Maintenance powered by Taiwan Power Company
Power Plant Upgrade of the Year
• Gold - Yangzhou No. 2 Power Plant Unit 1 (600MW) DCS & DEH Retrofit Project powered by Emerson Process Management China
• Silver - Ambuklao Hydroelectric Power Plant powered by SN Aboitiz Power-Benguet, Inc.
• Bronze - Repowering from Oil boiler to CFBC Coal boiler(Yeosu Unit 2) powered by KOSEP(Korea South-East Power Co.LTD)
Innovative Power Technology of the Year
• Gold- A Case Study of A Transmission Line Equipped with Coupling Ground Wires powered by Taiwan Power Company
• Silver - Jingyuan Second Power Co., Ltd. powered by Meiya Power Company Limited
• Bronze - SK E&S Power Plant Real-Time Plant Capacity Estimation Project powered by GE Measurement & Control
Information Technology Project of the Year
• Gold - Integrated Outage Management System powered by Tata Power Delhi Distribution Ltd
• Silver - Developing and Establishing the Database Program of Boiler Inspection-Analysis System powered by Taiwan Power Company
• Bronze - China National Nuclear Power’s Nuclear Group Information Management System powered by China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC)
Power Utility of the Year - Australia
• Faults Management Mobility Project powered by Powercor and Citipower
Power Utility of the Year - Malaysia
• Cypark Integrated Renewable Energy Park powered by Cypark Resources Berhad
Independent Power Producer of the Year
• Gold - IPR – GDF SUEZ Asia powered by IPR – GDF SUEZ Asia
• Silver - Aggreko Asia
• Bronze - 192 MW Allain Duhangan Hydro Electric Project powered by AD Hydro Power Ltd.
CEO of the Year
• Mr. Emmanuel V. Rubio, CEO of SN Aboitiz Power Group
Click here to view the photo gallery.
Do you know more about this story? Contact us anonymously through this link.