Registration Opens for 16th Singapore International Energy Week
SIEW will be held from 23 to 27 October 2023.
Registration is now open for the 16th Singapore International Energy Week (SIEW). Organised by the Energy Market Authority of Singapore (EMA), SIEW will take place from 23 to 27 October 2023 with the theme "Energy Transition Towards a Net Zero World".
SIEW 2023 will bring together energy ministers, leaders of global energy organisations and renowned industry experts, while providing a platform for panel discussions and networking opportunities where energy professionals can gain insights and forge new partnerships to address key energy issues. With a diverse lineup of renowned speakers and engaging sessions, SIEW offers an unparalleled platform for professionals to gain insights and exchange perspectives.
Global Energy Thought Leaders
Prominent industry leaders convening at SIEW 2023 include:
Governments and International Organisations
• H.E. Raphael Perpetuo Lotilla, Secretary of Energy, Republic of the Philippines • Dr Akihiko Yokoyama, Chairman, Electricity and Gas Market Surveillance Commission (Japan)
• Eric Pang, Director, Electrical and Mechanical Services Department, Hong Kong SAR
• Dr Fatih Birol, Executive Director, International Energy Agency (IEA)
• Dr Marit Brommer, Executive Director, International Geothermal Association (IGA)
• Francesco La Camera, Director-General, International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
• Mikhail Chudakov, Deputy Director General, International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
• Dr Angela Wilkinson, Secretary General and Chief Executive Officer, World Energy Council
• Audra Low, Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director, Clifford Capital Pte Ltd
• James Stacey, Partner, Global Leader of Clients & Industries, ERM
• Eric Arnold, Executive Chairman, Global Energy Storage
• Toshiro Kudama, Chief Executive Officer, JERA Asia Pte. Ltd.
• Laura Ashton, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Low Carbon Advisors
• Takao Tsukui, Executive Vice President, International Sales and Marketing, Mitsubishi Power
• Shivkumar Kalyanaraman, Chief Technology Officer Energy Industry, Asia, Microsoft Asia Pacific
• Roberto Lorato, Director and Chief Executive Officer, PT Medco Energi Internasional Tbk
• Dannif Danusaputro, Chief Executive Officer, PT Pertamina Power Indonesia
• Paula Conboy, Board Member of PJM Interconnection and Senior Counsel, Sussex Strategy Group
• Martin Houston, Vice Chairman, Tellurian Inc
• Dilhan Pillay Sandrasegara, Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer, Temasek Holdings
• David Gray CBE, Non-Executive Director, Tokamak Energy
SIEW 2023 will feature a range of anchor events organised by EMA. These include:
I. SIEW Summit: This high-level event will bring together energy ministers, leaders of international organisations and industry experts to discuss topics such as:
• Net Zero Asia
• Intensifying Net Zero Innovation
• Hydrogen as the Future of Net Zero Energy
• Securing Green Financing for a Net Zero Future
II. Singapore-International Energy Agency (IEA) Forum: Co-hosted by Singapore and IEA, the forum will focus on the decarbonisation efforts in Southeast Asia towards Net Zero, and the policy levers required for a sustainable future.
III. 3rd Singapore-International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) HighLevel Forum: Co-hosted by Singapore and IRENA, the event will address the topics of “Pathways for Regional Interconnectivity” and “Scaling up Investment to accelerate Energy Transition”.
IV. SIEW Energy Insights, SIEW TechTable and SIEW Thinktank Roundtables: These industry events will facilitate knowledge exchange and discussions on emerging trends and innovations driving the region's energy transition. China Renewable Energy Engineering Institute and Singapore Green Building Council will host the SIEW Thinktank Roundtables for the first time.
V. The SIEW Energy Showcase: Returning for its second year, the Showcase will exhibit the latest industry trends, clean energy solutions, and sustainable practices driving Singapore’s and Asia’s net zero transition.
SIEW 2023 will also play host to returning industry events across the energy domains:
I. Asia Clean Energy Summit (ACES): Commemorating its 10th edition, ACES will focus their discussions on the theme "Clean Energy for a Clean World", featuring panels on solar and energy storage, electric mobility and energy efficiency for the low-carbon transition.
II. Asian Downstream Summit (ADS) & Asian Refining Technology Conference (ARTC): These events will address challenges across the downstream value chain, from green financing to cybersecurity. ADS also marks its 15th anniversary with a new discussion track focused on carbon capture, utilisation & storage.
III. Asia Hydrogen and LNG Markets Conference: The conference will explore pressing issues shaping the industry, such as shifting liquefied natural gas (LNG) trade flows and the viability of a hydrogen-powered economy.
IV. Future of the Grid: The conference will deep dive into contemporary grid-related matters, with topics ranging from interconnectivity to renewables integration and grid modernisation. New this year, the event will host the inaugural ASEAN Energy Regulatory Forum, which will facilitate conversations between regulators, policy-makers and key industry stakeholders to enhance regional interconnectivity and facilitate the development of greener future grids.
Registration and More Information
With the opening of registration for SIEW 2023, early bird discounts are available. For more information on the conference programme, speakers, and bundled discounts available for partner events, please visit https://www.siew.gov.sg.
About the Energy Market Authority
The Energy Market Authority (EMA) is a statutory board under the Singapore Ministry of Trade and Industry. Through our work, we seek to forge a progressive energy landscape for sustained growth. We aim to ensure a reliable and secure energy supply, promote effective competition in the energy market and develop a dynamic energy sector in Singapore. Visit www.ema.gov.sg for more information.
About Singapore International Energy Week
The Singapore International Energy Week (SIEW) is an official trademarked event by the Energy Market Authority (EMA). It is an annual platform for energy professionals, policymakers and commentators to discuss and share best practices and solutions within the global energy space. The 16th edition of SIEW will be held from the 23-27 October.
For media enquiries, please contact:
Mr Dion Lim
FINN Partners for Singapore International Energy Week
Tel: +65 6779 5514