, India
Photo by Johannes Plenio from Pixabay.

GIC and Sterlite Power for JV for power transmission platform in India

Sterlite will have a 51% stake, whilst GIC will hold 49% interest.

Singapore-based global investment firm GIC and private power transmission developer Sterlite Power formed a joint venture (JV) to establish a power transmission platform in India.

In a joint statement, the companies said Sterlite Power will hold a 51% stake in the platform that will develop and operate power transmission projects in India, whilst GIC will hold the remaining 49% stake.

ALSO READ: India removes licence requirement to build transmission lines for bulk consumers

Sterlite Power Managing Director Pratik Agarwal said the investment in India’s transmission lines will support unlocking the country’s 500 GW of renewable power.

“This joint venture signals global confidence in India’s growth vision. With GIC as our partner, we are poised to play a leading role in India’s transmission sector, starting with the $13b bid pipeline,” Agarwal said.


Follow the link for more news on

Join Asian Power community
Since you're here...

...there are many ways you can work with us to advertise your company and connect to your customers. Our team can help you dight and create an advertising campaign, in print and digital, on this website and in print magazine.

We can also organize a real life or digital event for you and find thought leader speakers as well as industry leaders, who could be your potential partners, to join the event. We also run some awards programmes which give you an opportunity to be recognized for your achievements during the year and you can join this as a participant or a sponsor.

Let us help you drive your business forward with a good partnership!


India removes licence requirement to build transmission lines for bulk consumers
The rule applies to those with at least 25 MW of load for inter-state connection and at least 10 MW for intra-state.
NEFIN Group works double time to catch up on projects
CEO Glenn Lim explains how a delay turned out good as the company aims to reach 667 MW of capacity by 2026.
Summit Power International provides vital LNG support to Bangladesh
Without cross-border electricity supply, LNG is needed by a country facing geographical constraints to deploy renewables.