Find out what he will speak about.
Dr. Ahmad Belhoul, CEO of Masdar, will be delivering the second SIEW Opening Keynote Address at the 7th share his views on this year’s SIEW theme, “Building Energy Connections”. He will also share his views on the challenges and opportunities confronting the renewable energy sector both worldwide and in the Middle East.
The Singapore Energy Summit continues to feature a strong line-up of illustrious speakers who will share their insights and perspectives on key energy issues. Topics will range from energy connectivity in Asia to exploring the optimal energy mix, integrating renewables into our energy system, and the role of energy technologies in sustainability. New speakers on the panels include:
• Maria van der Hoeven, Executive Director, International Energy Agency (IEA)
• Masakazu Toyoda, Chairman and CEO, Institute of Energy Economics, Japan (IEEJ)
• Maarten Wetselaar, Executive Vice President, Shell Integrated Gas
• Betsy Spomer, Senior Vice President, Global Business Development, BG Group
• Dr. Phyllis Yoshida, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Asia, Europe and the Americas, U.S. Department of Energy (DOE)
• Dr. Dan Arvizu, Director and Chief Executive, National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
• Dr. Bartosz Wojszczyk, Chief Innovation Officer, Manila Electric Company (MERALCO)
To maximise business networking opportunities, SIEW brings together key exhibitions on renewables and refining. Making their maiden debut, RE@SIEW and EU Business Avenues will showcase offerings from renewables and clean-tech companies, while Downstream & Petrochemical Asia continues to attract a strong list of exhibitors.
In addition to these exhibitions, SIEW’s comprehensive programme features industry-leading conferences including the Asian Energy Financial and Investment Conference, Gas Asia Summit, Platts Top 250 Asia Awards Dinner and Asia Clean Energy Summit. Key speakers at these SIEW partner events include:
• Wong Kim Yin, Group Chief Executive Officer, Singapore Power Singapore International Energy Week (SIEW).
• Neil McGregor, Senior Managing Director, Temasek
• Mathias Steck, Senior Vice President and Regional Manager Asia Pacific, DNV GL
• Bernard Samuels, Vice President Commercial, Sakhalin Energy Investment Company Ltd
• Hiroki Sato, General Manager of Fuels Department, Head of Trading Business, Chubu Electric Power Co., Inc.
• Dr. Le Xuan Huyen, Deputy General Manager, Petroleum Processing Division, Executive Committee's Member of Nghi Son Refinery & Petrochemical Ltd, PetroVietnam
SIEW 2014 will be held at the Sands Expo and Convention Centre, Marina Bay Sands Singapore, from 27 to 31 October 2014. Registration is now open at www.siew.sg, with limited early registration discounts of up to S$300 available till 30 September 2014.
Do you know more about this story? Contact us anonymously through this link.