Nominations are now open for the inaugural Asian Water Awards 2023
The Asian Water Awards celebrates groundbreaking innovations in water management throughout Asia.
There is a growing need for sustainable water solutions across Asia, particularly in low- and middle-income communities. Despite many challenges in the mission to advance clean and safe water, organisations in the region have witnessed many achievements, ranging from specific technologies and infrastructure to innovations that improve operational efficiency.
The Asian Water Awards proudly launched its inaugural edition this year, as it opens nominations for innovative, impactful, and sustainable water management practices in Asia.
Organisations are encouraged to send their entries to the awards programme, which seeks to honour outstanding achievements and innovations in water management in the Asia-Pacific region. It also aims to promote and inspire excellence, creativity, and sustainability in water management practices and initiatives.
Those interested in becoming one of the Asian Water Awards’ pioneering winners may send their entries by August 25. The awards programme is open to companies from the public, private, and non-profit sectors, as well as partnerships and collaborations between different stakeholders.
Entries will be evaluated based on uniqueness and innovation, effectiveness and impact, and dynamism, amongst other factors. Awards are also divided between overall performance awards and initiative or project awards.
The overall performance awards are:
- Engineering Excellence of the Year
- Water Company Excellence Award
Meanwhile, initiative or project awards include:
- Clean Drinking Water Initiative of the Year
- Collaborative Water Initiative of the Year
- Community-Based Water Project of the Year
- Cross-Border Water Cooperation Project of the Year
- Environmental Conservation Excellence Award
- Net Zero Carbon Project of the Year
- Outstanding Water Resources Contribution of the Year
- Outstanding Water Treatment Plant Design Award
- Renewable Water Energy Innovation Award
- Safe Drinking Water Initiative of the Year
- Social Inclusion and Equality Excellence Award
- Solid Waste Treatment Project of the Year
- Sustainable Water Infrastructure Award
- Water Access Initiative of the Year
- Water Conservation Initiative of the Year
- Water Crisis Response and Relief Initiative of the Year
- Water Education and Awareness Initiative of the Year
- Water Efficiency Campaign of the Year
- Water Governance Initiative of the Year
- Water Innovation Hub of the Year
- Water Quality Improvement Project of the Year
- Water Reuse and Recycling Project of the Year
- Water Sanitation Initiative of the Year
- Water Technology Excellence Award - Agriculture
- Water Technology Excellence Award - Climate Management
- Water Technology Excellence Award - Digital Technology
- Water Technology Excellence Award - Domestic
- Water Technology Excellence Award - Industrial
- Water Technology Excellence Award - Research & Development
- Water Technology Excellence Award - Water Resource Management
- Innovation of the Year
If you believe your company deserves recognition, nominate it and join an elite group of water industry leaders. Winners will be recognised at an awards dinner on October 26.
The Asian Water Awards is presented by the Asian Power Magazine.